Terrific Mentors are committed to all of the following:
- Everything you tell us is in complete confidence and does not go beyond us at any time.
- About 80% of our personal Mentoring is conducted by online via email, Skype and voicemail. This has worked extremely well for the 4,000 Mentees we have helped so far.
- You get our attention, nobody else’s. If we feel there is a need for us to consult anyone else (because of a particular opportunity or problem) we will do so without revealing your name and only after we have asked your permission.
- You can normally expect a response within twenty-four hours. We do have a lot of requests for help and if we are getting overloaded we simply don’t accept any more until we can deal with the ones we already have.
- Certain checks are conducted for free. We charge for others. You will be told clearly which are which.
- You do not have to respond to us as quickly as we try to respond to you. We take the work we are doing together at YOUR pace. If we have not responded to you within 48 hours we have probably not received your email.
- When we ask you questions please answer them as openly and fully as you can. We are not playing games, we are dealing with a serious matter – YOU.
- You will get the best help and advice we can possibly give you. We are not magicians and we are not an employment agency.
People who take any one of our Mentoring Programmes can expect to benefit considerably from it. However, we do not guarantee you stardom; we do guarantee to help you aim for it and to improve your chances of achieving it.
We probably come this way but once. So our life should be:
- Caring for others as well as for ourselves.
- Successful both in personal satisfaction and financially.
- Rewarding for the planet we leave behind when we go.
- As good as we can possibly make it.
- Tremendous, exciting, happy and FUN.
The three most important lessons of being a Terrific Mentor:
- Personal standards are the only ones that matter. Others may set targets for you; your own targets are the best ones.
- A smile is worth a million words. You can get anything you want if you smile, nothing if you don’t.
- Kindness to others is the only training ground for courage. If you are kind you will become brave; the two are inseparable.
Corporate MentoringIf management isn’t creative, today’s businesses will fail. The first job of a leader requires power to control and power to develop.
Personal MentoringStuck in your career? Finding your work relationships difficult to handle? Stumped for creativity?
Mentoring PartnershipsTraining and Mentoring system set up for universities and companies who want to start an in-house Mentoring Programme.
Daily Paradox, Videos - Mar 27, 2013 1:24 - 1 Comment
We all have moments that define us. Some of the the moments that define us are smaller moments…and they’re possibly more significant than the big ones.
More In Videos
- Regulation and Reformation – How to Achieve the Balance
- What is Mentoring?
- Sean Flynn, Brotzeit Group
- Tracy Chia, Prudential Assurance Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Eddie Chau, Brandtology
Daily Paradox - May 23, 2013 5:00 - 0 Comments
by John Bittleston
Can’t see the player? – Click here.
The problem of service is not as much performance as attitude. Those with the right attitude do not always get things right. Mistakes are inevitable. They are recognised by anyone who has had experience of teaching, parenting or mentoring as essential functions of learning.