Although my correspondence with you is infrequent, my reading of your column in AsiaOne is regular. I have recently been promoted to the position of manager for the engineering department that I have been serving in. I wanted to share this with you because your column has helped me to see those I work with as people, not just resources. I believe that regular reading of your column has helped me to become a better and more successful person. Thank you.
Founder Mentor & Executive Chairman
British businessman, author, columnist and Singapore Permanent Resident, John’s career spans Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations and International Management.
Business Mentor and Career Coach to almost 4,000 Mentees – mainly by email
- Chief Executive of Singleton Pte Ltd,
- Chairman of Wiglington and Wenks Worldwide Pte Ltd
Author of “BONES – Business Organisation Notes – Executive Section” and “The Book of Business Communications Checklists” as well as four children’s books “The Travels of Wiglington and Wenks”.
In the 1980s and 1990s, John:
- incorporated Cerebos Pacific Ltd (CPL), an International Food and Chinese Remedies company based in Singapore with production units and branches throughout Asia Pacific and sales worldwide.
- floated Cerebos Pacific Ltd (CPL) on the Singapore Stock Exchange in 1983 at a market capitalisation of the company of S$135 million
- acquired businesses in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia
- established companies and built factories in Asia Pacific, Europe and USA
- developed successful new products in packaged water, spices, Chinese foods and remedies
- sold CPL in 1990 for a market capitalisation of S$825 million to Suntory of Japan
In the 1970s, John:
- joined Ranks Hovis McDougall (RHM) as Marketing Advisor to the Board
- became Marketing and Sales Director of RHM’s Foods Division
In the 1960s, John:
- was Managing Director of Benson Public Relations Limited
- became Assistant Managing Director of S H Benson Ltd, the British Advertising Agency
- negotiated links with United States agencies and acquired eight major new clients
Corporate MentoringIf management isn’t creative, today’s businesses will fail. The first job of a leader requires power to control and power to develop.
Personal MentoringStuck in your career? Finding your work relationships difficult to handle? Stumped for creativity?
Mentoring PartnershipsTraining and Mentoring system set up for universities and companies who want to start an in-house Mentoring Programme.
Daily Paradox, Videos - Mar 27, 2013 1:24 - 1 Comment
We all have moments that define us. Some of the the moments that define us are smaller moments…and they’re possibly more significant than the big ones.
More In Videos
- Regulation and Reformation – How to Achieve the Balance
- What is Mentoring?
- Sean Flynn, Brotzeit Group
- Tracy Chia, Prudential Assurance Co (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Eddie Chau, Brandtology
Daily Paradox - May 23, 2013 5:00 - 0 Comments
by John Bittleston
Can’t see the player? – Click here.
The problem of service is not as much performance as attitude. Those with the right attitude do not always get things right. Mistakes are inevitable. They are recognised by anyone who has had experience of teaching, parenting or mentoring as essential functions of learning.